Dina announced the appointment of Mary D. Naylor, PH.D., RN, FAAN, to its board of directors. Dr. Naylor is the Marian S. Ware Professor in Gerontology and Director of the NewCourtland Center for Transitions and Health at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing.
She is the architect of the Transitional Care Model (TCM), a care management approach that is used nationally and globally to improve older adults’ experience with care and health outcomes, while decreasing use of costly health services.
“Dr. Naylor’s mission to better enable acute transitions for people at a vulnerable time, and set them up for long-term success, takes on greater urgency as care continues to move into the home and community,” said Dina CEO Ashish V. Shah. “Dr. Naylor is a world-renowned thought leader, an advocate for patients and family caregivers, and she will be an exceptional addition to our board.”
For more than two decades, Dr. Naylor has led a multidisciplinary team of clinical scholars and health services researchers in generating and disseminating research findings designed to enhance the care and outcomes of chronically ill older adults and their family caregivers.
Using Home-Based Insights to Improve Care
“As a researcher, what excites me about Dina is that we can use home-based insights to continually improve care and respond quickly to prevent significant problems from getting worse,” she said. “With more services being delivered at home, it’s imperative to figure out how to integrate technology to address complex health and social needs and identify new needs as they emerge.”
Dr. Naylor says technology can also play a role in addressing the massive shortage of direct care providers. “I believe we can use technology to accelerate their reach and create roles that are more satisfying and make a bigger contribution,” she said.
Dr. Naylor is the recipient of AcademyHealth’s Distinguished Investigator Award, a recognition of significant and lasting contributions to the field of health services research. She was elected to the National Academy of Medicine in 2005. She completed six-year terms as a commissioner on the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC), board member of the National Quality Forum, and member of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s National Advisory Council. Dr. Naylor is a member of the National Academy of Medicine’s Leadership Consortium on Value & Science-Driven Health System and co-chairs the Consortium’s Culture Inclusion & Equity Action Collaborative. Dr. Naylor also is a member of the RAND Health Advisory Board and the Institute for Health Improvement’s Scientific Advisory Group.
She will be an independent member of the board and joins the following board members: Ashish V. Shah, CEO and co-founder; David Coyle, co-founder; T. Scott Law, Jr., Meridian Street Capital; and Sean Dowling, Osage Venture Partners.
Dr. Naylor’s appointment follows several key milestones for the company:
- Last year, Dina closed a $7 million Series A funding round led by Philadelphia-based Osage Venture Partners along with existing investors, strategic partners, and Wheaton, Ill.-based First Trust Capital Partners. Since that time, the company has made significant investments in engineering, security, account management, product development and go-to-market activities.
- Tim Coulter was promoted to president, overseeing the implementation of the company’s growth strategy. Coulter continues to serve as Dina’s chief operations officer, a role he has held for the past six years.
- Chief Growth Officer Bob Maluso and three Regional Vice Presidents recently joined the company to respond to the growing market demand for products that monitor, manage and deliver care-at-home.
- Dr. Maryann Lauletta joined Dina as Chief Medical Officer, and leads a team to accelerate the development of high-quality, home-based care programs and ensure client success.
- Dina was recently selected as the digital platform partner for BAYADA Home Health Care’s Hospital Joint Ventures and Health Plan value-based contracts.
- The company saw 5x revenue growth over the last two years and was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the top 40 fastest-growing companies in the midwest region.
Interested in using technology to extend your reach into the home? Sign up for our newsletter to receive regular industry news and updates.