Preventable hospital readmissions cost the healthcare system approximately $25 billion a year and it is estimated that one out of every five Medicare patients is readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of discharge.
Our recent webinar “Reducing Chronic Condition Readmissions,” features Dina CEO Ashish V. Shah and and a panel of healthcare leaders from Equality Health, Bluestone Physician Services, and United Regional Health Care System, who share proven strategies for lowering costs, reducing readmission rates for chronic care patients, and improving the effectiveness of transitions of care.
The panel shared insights and best practices for lowering readmission rates for chronic health conditions through proven discharge programs and follow-up plans. The program was led by Eric Glazer, host of the Bright Spots in Healthcare podcast.
Some topics included:
- Optimizing care transitions from hospital to home
- Identifying high-risk patient populations
- Utilizing home healthcare to reduce readmissions
- Leveraging remote monitoring technology to improve patient outcomes
- Creating Emergency Department strategies to reduce hospital readmissions
Watch the webinar “Reducing Chronic Condition Readmissions.”